In the previous articles, we have figure out what you must do before engaging the freelancer, how we should put our project in front of freelancers as a one-time project or recurring project.
Now comes the very important step, where to look for freelancers.
So primarily there are 5 types of freelancer hiring platforms are available.
- Freelancer Market Place– On this type of platform, the project owner/client shares the details of the project and the freelancer will bid. Then the client will receive the freelancer’s profile and award the project. For example- Upwork, Freelancer, PeoplePerHour, etc.
1. Provide access to a large set of freelances.
2. Simply the Payment Process.
3. Streamline the communication with the freelancer.
1. There is no freelancer screening process available so clients need to
screen the freelancers before hiring.
2. No Commitment. Once the freelancer accepts the work, will he deliver
the project within the timeline or not. There are no such guarantees.
2. Freelancer service market– On this type of platform, The freelancer lists their services, and the Client can directly connect with them to avail of the services. For example- Fiver etc.
1. Since the listing of services is generally free on these platforms, you
get a lot of freelancer’s profile.
2. You can do your work at a very low cost. For example- in 5$ you can
ask freelancers to create a company logo.
1. There is no freelancer service screening process on these platforms, so
you have to screen the freelancer yourself.
3. Freelancer vetted agency — Platform that provides you the pre-vetted freelancers. Before onboarding any freelancers on their portal, Freelancers have to go through the pre-determined process to screen themselves.
1. You get the pre-verified freelancer. In most cases, you need not worry
about the quality of a freelancer. If you are not satisfied with the
selected freelancers they will change it. Some platforms are- Arc,
Flexiple, Toptal, etc.
2. Typically you get the freelances within 1–2 days. Since they already
have the databases of pre-vetted freelances most of the time, so you
get the freelances very fast.
1. High commission.
2. Not suitable for a small budget project.
4. Social media — You can use social media to find and hire freelancers. You can post on Linkedin about your project details. You can even search in LinkedIn, and find the profile and directly talk to them.
You need not pay any commission.
You get the freelancer who is referred by someone you know.
No guarantee of finding any freelancer.
5. Pre-vetted Freelancer as Saas– Platform where you will get the freelancers list who are vetted by the Platform. For Example- HiretheVerified etc.
You get the Pre-vetted Freelancers at the fraction of the cost compared to Freelancer Vetted Agency.
You get the in-depth freelancer Profile.
You have to talk related to financial and other stuff with freelancers directly.
No one to handle in-case any dispute between freelances and business.